Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Front Page

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ecliptica

Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior Empty
PostSubject: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior   Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 6:59 pm

Character Name: Ecliptica (Isn't this a bit redundant since it's also in the topic name? Anyway)

Class & Spec / Off-Spec: Warrior, SMF Fury / Prot

Professions: 525 Alchemy, Transmute Spec and 483 Enchanting (recently switched over from Herbalism)

Armory Link (logged out in correct gear): http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/ecliptica/advanced *

* I often switch spec/gear while farming heroics and due to a game bug which causes disconnects sometimes when you alt-tab, I might show up in the wrong gear set on Armory, so in case that happens I'll add a brief description of my current gear. With the exception of my boots everything else is 353+ Epics, most of my item slots are ZA/ZG drops, with the neck piece from Ramkahen rep, the belt offered by Guardians of Hyjal, for the trinket slots I have License to Slay paired up with a Volatile Alchemist Stone and for weapons I use 2 of Renataki's apparent hoard of Soul Slicers.

If you have any other relevant gear, please describe it: My tanking set consists of mainly ZG/ZA epics, rep rewards, a couple of heroic items and my DPS shoulders and boots.

How long have you been playing World of Warcraft?: About 6 and a half years, give or take.

What is your Raiding experience? (Vanilla / TBC / WotLK / Cata):

During Vanilla I was all over the place so I didn't really get into raiding, was too preoccupied doing whatever seemed fun at the time, including leveling a myriad of alts.

As far as TBC is concerned, through about half or probably more of its duration I was playing a resto shaman, on which I did Karaznan, Zul' Aman, Magtheridon's Lair, Serpentshrine Cavern, Tempest Keep, hoewever I never got to kill Kael' Thas, in Hyjal I killed all but Archimonde and in Black Temple, I got up to Gurtogg Bloodboil, the guild I was in at the time, fell appart before any of the bosses I'm missing were killed. I never set foot in Sunwell Plateau during TBC, mostly because by the time it got released I was playing a warlock on the fresh realm Blade's Edge and the guild I was in was nearly not at the level to do such content.

In Wrath I played a number of characters among which 2 DKs, a Mage, a Shaman (Different from the one I did TBC content with) and a Warlock (on which I spent all of my time in TBC ever since the Blade's Edge realm opened it's doors.).

On my first DK which I started with the release of Wrath I cleared all of Naxxramas, Obsidium Sanctum and had a few 1-10% wipes in Eye of Eternity, most on 10 man, some on 25 man.

After that, I started a mage here on Outland horde side, with which I ran PuGs until I joined Mystique somewhere during Ulduar, I cleared the entirety of Ulduar 25 with them, and worked/did a couple of hardmodes, XT and Hodir come to mind, cannot recall if I did any more, quite possible however. I also did some ToC content with them if I recall correctly, you'll have to fogive me here, but at the time I was forced to play as fire and didn't really enjoy myself so my memories are not too well cept. I left due to burn out, mainly because of being forced to play a spec I did not like, shortly after the guild leader and some officers left, to transfer servers I think but am not sure.

Following that I transfered over my warlock from Blade's Edge and raided all of Ulduar, ToC (Including 10 man ToGC with 45+), and ICC up to Sindragosa and LK with the guild Prosperity. While doing that I leveled a new shaman, geared it up and switched mains to join the roster as a healer, from that point on, 'til the time Prosperity disbanded my warlock raided only when not enough DPS were present or when I was needed for an alt raid.

Shortly after Prosperity fell appart I switched to a new Death Knight I leveled with a friend of mine, here on Outland, Horde Side, where I spent my time until the end of Wrath, tanking dungeons and organising ICC 10 PuGs as well as joining 25 man runs of it as well, however, never finished ICC 10 when it was relevant nor did I do any heroic modes when they were relevant.

As far as Cataclysm goes, appart from the glorified quest mob, Argaloth, I haven't really done any raids, not even trash runs.

Do you have any other MMO gaming experience?: I've played a bit of Dungeons and Dragons online, but nothing else.

Do you have any recent logs of yourself raiding? (i.e. World of Logs): A malicious gnome burned down the building hosting the servers on which them logs were located, they never did find that lil' bugger. In all seriousness though, nope, do not have such logs.

Do you have any other characters or alts? (Server / Name / Class / Spec):

Oh, I do, but I hardly doubt you would be interested in reading a humongous list of alts, I only have 2 85s currently, this warrior and my warlock which is currently Demo/PvP Affliction, has some decent PvP gear and a crappy PvE set.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/morbid/advanced - My mage.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/nhiminiel/advanced - My shaman.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/outland/nilliel/advanced - My warlock.

What was your previous guild and why did you leave them?: I've only had one guild through Cataclysm and that is Devious a level 25 raiding guild, I have not yet left, because I want to utilize guild perks, however my reason for leaving is simple, I'm looking for a raiding guild.

Do you know any players in Entourage; past or present?: I don't recall any immediate names, perhaps there is somebody I've ran into in the past, I do however know Sekx, who was with you guys for a short while.

Do you have a working microphone and do you use it in raids?: That I myself I am not sure, see I currently study in England but am in Bulgaria for some of the summer, due to which my microphone is back in England with the rest of my stuff, I'm positive my laptop's built in mic is working however I think people might find the laptop's fan annoying when I talk, I'll however look around the house, there's bound to be a working microphone somewhere around here.

Do you feel you can maintain near 100% raid attendance and be on time for raid invites whilst in the guild? (You've missed a colon at the end of this line Razz) I don't have any obligations currently that might impair me from being on time, so unless an emergency pops up, I'm pretty sure I can.

What is your Internet connection like and your typical in-game ms?: Usually around 80-170, unless something is horribly wrong, out of place or broken I'm usually fine in terms of latency.

Feel free to add any other information about yourself or your character that you find relevant to this application. (Another missed colon perhaps Razz?)

I do realize that my Cataclysm raiding experience is a bit lacking, however I am a fast learner and I always spend time reading up on wowpedia or watching guides on tankspot. I haven't really been looking for a guild up until now because from what I've discovered during all these years of playing the game is that I enjoy myself most in guilds that do not forget that WoW is after all a game and not a job, so I've been a bit reluctant to get myself into raiding and a guild that is more than a zerg fest due to fear of joining one of those guilds that really do neglect the social aspect and friendly banter during raids, which ultimately leads to burnout for me, which I do not want to happen as I enjoy playing WoW, even after all these years.

Having said that, I'd like to point out that I have acess to a 450 Leatherworker, a 450 Skinner, a 525 Tailor with a huge selection of patterns, and a 525 Scribe with every single glyph available in addition to my warrior's trade skills. I've also played every class up to some level and in addition to the ones I've talked to above, I've also played a friend of mine's Prot/Holy Paladin to help him gear out.

Think that's all there is to say, well not really, but I'd imagine you'd rather spend your time doing other things as well, no just reading my application,

Regards,

Back to top Go down
Ristique
King of the Unicorns
Ristique

PostSubject: Re: Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior   Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:05 pm

Thanks for your application Ecliptica. We'll get back to you soon.

Can you also give your thoughts on why you've chosen to stack Haste for SMF?
Back to top Go down
Ecliptica

PostSubject: Re: Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior   Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 8:36 pm

Mainly for better rage generation, I've got the soft hit cap and the 26 Expertise (actually even a little bit above that) and yet I've had cases where I'd be rage starved (without misuse of HS), admittedly I started Ecliptica with Cataclysm so I might be missing some bits regarding the class, my main source of information on how to gear up has been the thread on the MMO-C warrior forums, http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/811093-The-Cataclysmic-Fury-Warrior-Guide, that pretty much sums it up, I think.
Back to top Go down
Ristique
King of the Unicorns
Ristique

PostSubject: Re: Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior   Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior EmptyWed 08 Jun 2011, 10:05 pm

Sorry Ecliptica, but we've decided to decline you. Best of luck in your search for a new home.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior   Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior Empty

Back to top Go down

Declined: Ecliptica / Fury / Warrior
Page 1 of 1